Saturday, November 10, 2012

OFF THE HUMP

Before leaving for the Hillbilly Riviera ( Gulf Coast of Alabama, etc.), went to a neighborhood muffler shop to get air in the EGG's tires, but alas, upon leaving, got the trailer hung up on a steep hump in the parking lot. Couldn't go forward or backward. With the help of a muffler dude's truck, coupled with reverse gear in my pickup and about a 1/4 inch off my clutch plate we sat the EGG free and shoved off . Both of us hoped this mishap didn't portend a bad trip, but we're now three days out and all's well.
We've pretty much covered the state of Ga. from east to west, and marveled at the scarcity of traffic on the secondary roads. Of course there is a lot of land and relatively few people. Today I drove about three hours and there was never one single vehicle approaching me from behind. Mile after mile of pines, scrub oaks and a few farms with Romney/Ryan signs
More tomorrow. I'm bushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment